Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Sunshine Blogger Award

I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Maddy from Little Bit of Sunshine :)! 

Forget Not His Benefits was given the Sunshine Blogger Award!

I love this award/tag. (Also, those sunflowers.) I mean, even just it's name sounds so cheerful and kind, and I see it as an encouragement that, "your blog brightens my life when I read it, thank you"; so it's special fun that I have received it! What an honor, thank you so much, Maddy!

When y'all read this, I will be taking a little internet break, so I thought this would be the perfect none time-specific post to schedule for that time ;). I'll moderate and reply to all the comments when I come back on, don't worry! 

Now, to fill out the tag that came with this award :D!

Rules:

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog. (Thank you again, Maddy!) 
  • Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you provided.
  • Nominate new bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer.
  • List the rules and have the Sunshine Blogger logo present in your post.

1. Do you play a musical instrument? 
I have mentioned this a few times on my blog, and at least one of you has rolled your eyes at me for the answer. *cough, cough* BUT, the answer is sadly, not really. But I do on occasion play the piano with lead sheets. I would truly love to play an instrument, but what I would really love to learn is violin, and we don't really have one... also, I don't really need another hobby/learning experience right now. What I need is better time management for the ones I have, haha...

2. Fiction or nonfiction books?
Hm. This is tough. See, I LOVE true stories + thought provoking writing, and I want to say nonfiction. But the truth is, I love vibrant and beautiful stories and writing, and I feel like it's easier to find a personality in fiction books, haha. There are a few books that I love the writing/story of that are nonfiction... a couple that come to mind are "The Family Nobody Wanted", and "The Princess Adelina". But when I want to relax with a book, I will frequently reach for fiction. (I think another reason for this isn't always the writing styles; I think another part of that is that when I read fiction, I just read, while when I read theology, biographies, or other nonfiction, I usually feel compelled to take notes/store things away to look into later, and it's more study time than relaxing time. Also, I have several bible study books that I love the personality and writing style that comes through, but I don't really consider that "just reading" either, because I will dissect those things so much and stop to take so many notes, lol!)

3. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate or vanilla what? In some things we must be very specific. 
Vanilla ice cream.
Chocolate everything else ;).

4. Cars or trucks?
Cars. I can almost assure you I will never own a truck. Nothing against them, I just am not a truck person at all, haha. 

5. What's your middle name?
Kirstin Lavon. Each of us children all have two middle names :). Lavon is a family name that has been passed down several generations :)!

6. Top three favorite blogs?
Ughhhhhh. This is really, really hard, because I like more than three blogs and don't like to play favorites :P.
-The Book Wyrm (except she never posts anymore, hmph.), The Introverted Extrovert, Here is Love... can I get by with cheating anymore?

7. Why did you start your blog?
Because my mom started one. Haha! Seriously. I remember that November afternoon (which got dark very early that day) when Mama and I sat down together and set "Home Life" up while we passed new butterball baby Andrew back and forth between us. I was 9, and it was almost 12 years ago. My first post was hilariously jumbled, and I was so proud the first time my Mama linked to my blog on her blog. I will say I have come a long way, but I am also glad I started when I did, because it's just fun to look back on :).
As to why I started *this* blog... suffice it to say that a stalker situation and a desire for a new title were enough to make me move, haha. So Forget Not His Benefits is "only" 5 years old. But I do pray that the Lord can use my little ramblings to bless others, encourage them, and maybe put a smile on their face :).

8. Dogs or cats?
Do I still have a reader here that is confused about this one? Cats, always and forever. Call them (or me) a snob all you want, I won't believe it and I love them. But I wouldn't mind a golden retriever someday, either. (I'm really just an animal person in general, if I'm honest.)

9. Indoors or outdoors? 
This also requires some "if/then"s. I would never want to LIVE outside. But I require sunshine to function (it can be coming through a window if need be), fresh air to stay motivated, and plants to admire. I'm definitely an outdoors sort of person, despite not spending much time outdoors. (South Carolina heat is brutal, but fall is not too far away!)

10. Favorite summer activity?
This is hard, because things like going to the zoo and going for walks and eating ice cream, and normal people's "summer activities", we literally do all year around (again, South Carolina, haha). So, I guess blueberry picking? That is, by necessity, a time-specific thing ;). 

11. Favorite food?
Brownie sundaes. 
Yes, I know, that's not real food. Just pretend. You didn't ask for a certain group on the food pyramid ;). Caramel, almonds, brownies, ice cream.... mmmmm. You can't go wrong.

Now I would like to tag...
1. Tori (so you'll have a post idea, since having none is your excuse for not writing.)
2. Alyssa
3. Abbie
5. Ashley
6. Molly
7. Bethi (how old are you again?)
8. Elanor
11. And you, if you'd like to snag it!

Here are the questions I have for y'all!
1. What is your earliest memory of your favorite hobby?
2. What is your earliest memory of someone sharing the gospel with you?
3. What 5 songs would be included in your "life sound track"?
4. What do you put on your brownie sundaes?
5. What pet would you most like to have?
6. What is something the Lord has laid on your heart to do?
7. Are you a night owl of a morning bird? What is your favorite thing to do during your "peak time"?
8. What is one thought you have always wanted to share with your readers, but you've never really found a way to make a blog post out of it?
9. Why do you think that people write?
10. What is one book you have read this year that you would recommend to us?
11. What do you think of when you hear the word sunshine?

And for the rest of you, let me know in the comments; do you like fiction or nonfiction books better? What are you most looking forward to about fall? (Because I will pretend it is here on September 22nd, even though it won't feel like it, haha ;)...)

Rejoicing in Hope,
Bri <3

8 comments:

  1. This was a fun post to read!! Thanks for the nomination. The questions are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elanor, it was fun to write, too! You are very welcome - and I am so glad! I tried to go for a mix of easy and unusual :).

      Delete
    2. Alright, I have come back with my answers--some of which took some thought. But it was fun!

      1. I remember being about four or five and curling up on the couch with my mom reading the Junie B. Jones books aloud together. It was always so fun to laugh my mom while I was learning to read!


      2. Honestly, I grew up with it, so I don't know if I can pull out a first memory. It's something that's just always been there. And I don't mean for it to sound like something I take for granted. Ever since I can remember, my parents have been there reading kids devotionals and praying with me, taking me to Sunday School and church, etc.


      3. This is such a fun question!! I LOVE it. Alright, get ready for some musical lovin' here...


      1. "A Whole New World" from Aladdin

      Apparently, I had this memorized by age two, and I would sing it ALL. THE. TIME. I love this song, though, so...makes sense.


      2."Popular" from Wicked

      As an elementary-aged child, I was the ultimate girly-girl. (I also loved anything Wizard of Oz, which included Wicked.) Anyway, this song...this was what I thought I was. To be clear, I was utterly ridiculous. But I have fond memories. Hahaha. ;) ;)


      3. "Wherever I Go" by Dan Bremnes

      Middle school was the season of my life when I really had to learn how to trust in God for myself. A lot of transitions were happening and my faith became so much more real to me.


      4. "Sixteen Going On Seventeen" from The Sound of Music

      High school was the (recent, yes) time of my life when things really started to change and I began to realize my naivety, if I'm being completely honest. (I felt I could relate a lot to Liesl in general at this time in my life with the desire for independence and learning to mature.)


      5. "I Have A Dream" as sung by Amanda Seyfried in Mamma Mia!

      And here we are in the present. All those stages are past and this is where I'm at now. But, literally, this song is the story of my life.



      5. Aren't brownie sundaes de-lish?? Mine is usually just brownie, vanilla ice cream, and a thick drizzle of chocolate syrup. I like to keep it simple and veeerry chocolate-y! *licks lips* Now I want a brownie sundae! (Thanks a lot, Bri. ;)


      6. I am definitely a dog person, and I specifically like those of the toy breeds.


      7. *blinks* Oh, we're getting deep here now...okay.
      He has given me the opportunity to lead a Bible study for teen girls at my church, and I've taken it. Praying that He helps me to help them in some way.


      8. This is crazy, but, actually, I'm both. I stay up late and wake up early, no problem. I am one of the few people on earth who simply don't like sleeping. I know, it's weird. Generally, I love reading, writing, or watching movies late at night; in the mornings, I like sitting quietly in the sunroom and reflecting while I drink a cup of hot tea. Taking a morning walk when it feels like the world is just waking up is also something I revel in. Obviously, I don't get to do those things every morning/night. But those are definitely my favorite activities.


      Aaaanyywaaaayy...


      9. I'd like to naively say people write because they love it.


      10. I've read several good books so far this year, but I'll recommend Victoria by Daisy Goodwin. It was super sweet, and, if you love the ITV series, I promise you'll love this book!


      11. Snow White. "Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine." *Disney nerd alert*

      Delete
    3. So much fun to read through your answers! Thank you for sharing!

      Mmmmm, after reading all my tagged friends' answers, I am wanting a brownie sundae, too, haha. I, fortunately, have some brownies in the kitchen. Unfortunately, I am going to be out of the house half the day and probably won't get to them, haha.

      My sister is one of those awake past midnight and then back up at 6 sort of people... so is my dad, but he complains about it, haha. My sister does it on accident for fun. I don't know how...

      And thanks, now I am singing "With a Smile and a Song", hahaha... ;) "Life's a bright, sunny day, and your heart is young..."

      Loved this, Elanor! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. It was nice to read your answers! You have pretty middle names, and yes to cats over dogs!

    Thanks for tagging me! I seem to have a habit of never getting around to answering tags on my blog, so I'll just write my answers here!
    1. My favourite hobby is reading, and I honestly don't remember the first time I got hooked on a book. It just feels like I've been doing it forever! :)
    2. I grew up in a Christian home, so again I can't recall a specific memory - it was always kind of a known thing, if that makes sense.
    3. 'You'll Find Your Way' by Andrew Peterson, 'Find the Light' by David Ramirez, 'Shoulders' by FK&C, and probably some good old hymns and classical songs.
    4. I have never had a brownie sundae. O_o But the more I hear about them, the more I think I ought to change that. XD
    5. Right now it's probably a goldfish, oddly enough. Or a lamb or calf.
    6. He's really laid it on my heart to reach out to other young people.
    7. I'm a permanently exhausted pigeon, if you've heard that quote. XD
    8. Possibly my thoughts on ethical fashion.
    9. Some people may write for fame or money, but I think the best writers write because it's their heart's passion, and they couldn't thrive without it.
    10. 'The Journey of Desire' by John Eldredge.
    11. Well, literal sunshine, bright colours, warmth, laughter, happy vibes.

    Thanks again, Bri! It was fun to answer those questions! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica!

      I understand... I have a tag that has been waiting for me since Spring that I still haven't gotten around to filling out, haha!
      I relate to the fact that some things just seem to always be a part of you, haha.
      You are the second person who has answered that you haven't even tried a brownie sundae, and so I am just sitting here blinking at the world.
      A goldfish, I love that!
      What a neat dream to have <3.
      Yes, and I love that quote. I am often a pigeon myself!
      Ohhhh, you should totally share your thoughts on that!!!
      Yes, yes, yes :)!
      I will have to look it up :)!

      Thanks for answering the questions, it was so fun to read!

      Delete
  3. I really did love this, you are hilarious *insert Tori's laughing emoji*
    Thank you for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11