Thursday, October 1, 2015

Introducing; Thoughts on Romans 12 Series :)!



Hey y'all :)!!! First off, thank you to those of you who took a look at my shop after I posted the link earlier this week :).

Secondly, and most importantly, this new series :)! I've seen bloggers participate before in the October blogging challenge held at write31days.com, and thought that it sounded fun, but haven't ever wanted to give the commitment to take part in it, especially since I didn't have a topic idea.

But this year I've decided to share throughout the month some thoughts I have had while getting to know Romans chapter 12  :). As many of you know, when my bestest friend and I went through an online group study of the book of Romans together almost three years ago, it was really special to me, and Romans has since then been my favorite book of the bible :). Romans 12:12 stood out to me one morning as I went through my bible reading during a time when I was being convicted over how much I needed to learn about true rejoicing (and still do might I add. I don't think the important lessons are ever truly completely learned!). "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer", the verse tells us. I wanted to commit the verse to memory, and, being maybe slightly a perfectionist ;), I decided I'd just learn the whole chapter, haha :).

As I got to know the passage more and more, there were so many thoughts I wanted to write down that I just felt were too long to be written into the margins of my study books, and too insignificant to be made into blog posts, so I didn't even bother. I have made an effort to get back to memorizing scripture this year, and part of that has been re-learning passages that I haven't reviewed even once in maybe two years (not something I recommend to keep something fresh in your memory ;)!). This brought those thoughts back up, and I decided that I would share them here even if they weren't "important" blog posts. When I saw a link pop up again for the October blogging challenge, I knew that this was the perfect topic, and decided to join :). I don't plan on going in order or anything, so this series might seem really random at times ;). But I am looking forward to getting to share with you over the month :)!!!

What is your favorite book of the Bible :)?

Rejoicing in Hope,

Bri :)


Series posts:

  1. Introducing; Thoughts on Romans 12 Series!
  2. It's About the Heart
  3. Be Constant in Prayer 
  4. Do What is Honorable
  5. "Be Patient in Tribulation"
  6. Romans 12:9 
  7. A Living Sacrifice
  8. "Contribute to the Needs of the Saints" 
  9. "Contribute to the Needs of the Saints, part 2"
  10. "Contribute to the Needs of the Saints, part 3"
  11. "Contribute to the Needs of the Saints, part 4"
  12. "Do Not be Conformed to this World"
  13. "Let whatever you do be done in secret"
  14. Appealing to Believers
  15. A Way to "Rejoice with those who rejoice"!
  16. Thoughts on Romans 12:11
  17. Brotherly Affection
  18. Coals of Fire
  19. Outdo One Another
  20. Showing Hospitality
  21. Ways to Serve Hospitably in the Home
  22. By the Mercies of God
  23. Thoughts on Romans 12:15 
  24. Working Together
  25. Verse 18 
  26.  Avenge Not Yourselves
  27. "Do Not be Haughty" 
  28.  Short thoughts on Romans 12:6-8
  29. Forgiveness  
  30. Genuine Love
  31. Final Thoughts on Romans 12
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11