Saturday, October 17, 2015

Thoughts on Romans 12; Brotherly Affection



That little babykins is precious. It's an old picture, but it's one of my favorites of 'Siah :).

I love all of my siblings. Each of us have different quirks and gifts, which God has given so that our family as a whole has so much more potential! We each pitch in and help out, and even if you might not think someone's jobs are big- you throw a couple of us out sick, and the difference it changes in the family dynamics is drastic, haha :).

Christ uses the family to illustrate many different things throughout His teachings. Adoption displays His adopting us through His blood; marriage is a picture of the church's union with Him; and we are told to "love one another with brotherly affection." (Romans 12:10)

'Siah recently came and filled the side of the bed Emmi left empty when she moved into Abbi's bed earlier this summer. One of Josiah's quirks is he won't sleep through the night, haha. One of His gifts is his adorable loviness (yes, I just made that word up). For instance, he crawled into bed with Peter and rubbed Peter's head until they were both asleep the other day :)...

Last night, Daddy told us goodnight, turned out the light, and we settled down. A few minutes later, I felt a gentle little pat on my arm, and then a couple more. Then Josiah pulled my arm over to him and snuggled it :). It brought a smile to my face, and reminded me of this verse in Romans 12, "Love one another with brotherly affection" :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11