- I am very good at remembering random conversations and events in great detail, but I often can't remember things like what day of the week it is.
- I am perpetually cold. I might complain about being cold even in 70 degree weather. Because of this, I will wear long sleeves all year round. Not every day, but I have been known to wear long sleeves in summer. And I love coffee at least as much for the heat in my hands as for the actual taste.
- I have read the book of Romans about sixty times as of 2015.
- I hate math, but geometry is getting a very reluctant okay from me.
- My sister has described my life as one big letter or email. And I'm okay with that.
- I can rarely spell "that" right the first time on the keyboard. My fingers usually get ahead of me and it turns out as "taht" before I edit my writings.
- I love animals.
- Each crafting technique I come across is almost sure to be my favorite. Until I learn a new one ;).
- I love children's books :).
- Apparently I talk in my sleep. Most memorably about cats. Which makes sense, since about 95% of my dreams run on an outline of running into family or friends randomly, or taking care of animals. It's really weird.
- I love bright colors! They make me smile, and I use them whenever I can.
- My favorite season is most definitely fall, though when I was younger I used to say I thought it was spring. Poor, poor deceived me... ;)
- I do not like different foods touching each other on my plate.
- I love to try to multi-task... I am not very good at it.
- I also love lists, especially to-do lists.
- I prefer snail mail to email. But who doesn't?
- My favorite book of the bible is Romans. My favorite chapter is Romans 12. I can't pick a favorite verse, haha.
- My favorite book of the Old Testament is Ruth.
- My favorite Psalm is 147.
- I don't like being the one to start conversations. To help with this problem, I just never shut up, so the conversation is always open ;)...
- When I was younger, I wanted to live in a cabin and do all my own... everything, haha... just like Laura Ingalls. I would still love a farm. But I'm realizing I might need to have something a bit bigger than a cabin, due to how much I love having people over. And I want a huge porch like my Granny's. With chairs to sit and talk in. With people, of course. I wouldn't talk to myself... Okay, yes I would talk to myself. Which leads me to the fact that...
- I often keep a running commentary with myself, especially in the mornings. "Shush! You so loud. Bri, seriously, why must you keep slamming cupboards? I want coffee. Okay, where is my book? WOULD YOU BE QUIET?". The quieter I try to be, the louder I end up getting.
- I love being up early, but I hate getting up early.
- I find personalities extremely interesting, heehee.
- When I was little I jammed my bedroom door so hard slamming it that my Mom had to remove the planks to get me out...
- I love teacups and stationary.
- And candles, though I don't burn them often, because I hate thinking one day they will run out, hahaha.
- The more I like a book, the longer it takes me to actually read it. I find myself wanting to wait until I have the perfect time to read it with the perfect cup of coffee, and so I just don't.
- And once I don't read a book for a month or more, I feel like I have to start it over before I read anymore. And unless I have read the first book of the series within the past three months, I feel like I have to read the first book again before going to the second (third... fourth...). My progress in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy over the past two years is saddening to Tori.
- My favorite hymn is "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". I have too many second favorites to list, though. I told a friend once, "If a hymn is my favorite, I memorize it. But, if I memorize it, it then becomes a favorite even if it wasn't when I started memorizing it."
- I am known in our family as the best loser at the game of "Trouble" ever. Given that it is a game of chance, I don't see how this works. But the whole family is shocked if I so much as come in third, let alone win.
- I love brownies.
- And I like to add chocolate chips to a bowl of ice cream.
- I have probably 20 drafts of the first 3-5 pages of an attempt at a children's chapter book, started when I was nine, stashed in my boxes upstairs. I haven't touched them in years except to get out something that is under them, but I still can't make myself throw them away.
I love music and singing. Regardless of this, I've never gotten past beginner piano playing, and my timing is terrible, hahaha! I did not come up with my own blog title, heehee :). Compliments go to Mama :). I have been blogging since November 6th, 2006, though on two different blogging sites and two different blogs. My blogging is highly sporadic, ranging from not posting from February 2008 to March 2009, to writing 26 posts in September 2012. I think I must have been bored in 2012, hahaha!
- I consider organizing to be one of my hobbies.
I think I would probably be okay wearing jean skirtseveryday... they are like the best clothing piece, haha!
- Tori was once reading a humorous article, and told me, "I'm not sure what a Type A is, but you are most definitely one!". Hahaha!
- I can whistle a cricket chirp. It's also the only whistle I can do that actually sounds like anything, might I add. ;)
- I love to hold people in suspense. Hehehe...
- I often get in this mood when crocheting where it seems like too much work to find someone else's pattern and tweak it to my idea of what I want, so I just start from scratch figuring it out as I go along and take most of the stitches out at least once because I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, just what I want it to come out as. Since I'm constantly taking it out and redoing, it gets confusing to try to write out a pattern, so I usually just don't. My siblings have several items that even I will never be able to perfectly duplicate again, hahaha!
- My favorite color is blue.
- I love watching water in a breeze. And sunshine. I need sunshine to function. I *loooove* rainy days, but I do nothing on them -they're too comfortable. Bright sun seems to help me focus. For this reason, I have a certain spot at the table that I selfishly take over whenever I do writing projects/table crafts, because it's the brightest flat surface in the house, haha :).
- I constantly run into doors and walls. C.o.n.s.t.a.n.t.l.y. Though not as much as I used to, sadly. Because it's still bad.
- I love feeling spontaneous... but I only truly enjoy it if I've prepared to be so.
- My favorite flowers are daffodils and sunflowers. I also like jasmine. Looking at that list I realized that I must have a thing for yellow flowers, heehee.
Saturday, June 6, 2015
Thursday, June 4, 2015
I think that Psalm 147 is so beautiful... the whole thing is worth another read, no matter how many times you have read it before :). It's one of my favorite Psalms :). This past week has included...
~Sweet Emmi Joy's birthday this past week :). She is soooo precious....
~Tori made her cake for her... Mama had no time (Emmi kept her running alllll day... and the next afternoon, too, haha!!), and so Tori took over. She and Daddy brained stormed to come up with this adorable cake...
~I'm also very thankful that he was okay last week! We thought for sure that he had broken his arm when he fell, but an x-ray showed not so much as a buckle fracture, so that was wonderful!
~Singing at the top of our lungs on the way home last night... haha :).
~"Scrabble" and "Upwards" and all those fun games that I'm pretty terrible at but are wonderfully fun, heehee.
~That we can "take everything to God in prayer".
~Josiah's delight in getting a new balloon. He is so cute dragging it around like a floating pet, hahaha...
~Reminders that God has all the details worked out, and that all he brings into our life has a purpose.
~Peanuts. Haha... Bethi was reading about George Carver, and she talked about peanuts all day yesterday, hahaha. He did find an amazing amount to do with them.
~Cooking in the kitchen with Mama.
~Tori's voice talent ;)! She randomly starts doing voice impersonations all the time, and as everyone who has ever heard it can testify, it's hilarious!
~Rainy, quiet days.
~The beautiful new tables we were blessed with.
~A new book to look forward to reading :).
~All the wonderful, wonderful people we have been blessed to have brought into our life <3. Now, I'm going to go do a little bit of baking and help clean up, because we are having some of those wonderful people over for supper :). Have a wonderful Thursday!
Monday, June 1, 2015
Emmi-Joy is a WHOLE "hand" today :)!!! She has been looking forward to her fifth birthday since... well, her fourth, heeheehee :).
Compared to some of the rest of us, Emmi is pretty quiet... but nevertheless, she is quite the talker! She recently memorized the Lord's prayer :)! She is also learning to read, and does awesome at writing words the way they sound. This really doesn't shock me, because she is *such* a book/word lover, and always has been. When she was a toddler, she would sit spell bound watching Mama every time she read a book to us, and she LOVES to learn new words. She shocks people sometimes by the random words she knows, and I have heard her before, upon hearing me use an unusual word, walk away slowly repeating it to herself, I suppose to make sure it "stuck" :). I call her my little owl... haha :). She planned a busy day to celebrate her birthday- full of shopping and lots of food... LOTS of food... haha :).
I <3 you, Emmi! Happy Birthday :)!!!