Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thankfulness Thursday

It's a Thursday evening, and this was supposed to be the fifth Thankfulness Thursday post on my blog this month.

It's the 29th of the month, and I'm supposed to have posted my recap for October by now.

It's been two weeks since I started an impromptu blog post after something happened during my day that I really just wanted to share my thoughts on.

It's been over a week since I felt like I truly recovered from Write31, haha. There is such a thing as "too much of a good thing". Writing is my thing, I truly *have* to do it. But writing for everyone to see every single day can be just as draining as it is helpful.

Life is full, and it's good. It's also cold, but don't tell my mom. But it's been too long - I've been so busy I haven't even journaled. And so - it's time to write again. Because it's just as draining to not write at all. And balance is key, right?

There are so many small things that I am thankful for right now. Sweaters. Soft blankets. (Y'all know my obsession with fabric. I know these things usually make the list... humor me. I'm always cold and I like to pretend I'm in a soft, warm cloud, okay ;)?) Being paid 2 cents to buy a book I've been eyeing for months now. Sandwiches made from leftover rolls. A walk on a chilly day with a couple of my favorite people. A crochet hook in my hand. (I have decided that I'm gonna start selling Granny square blankets sometime, y'all. They are so therapeutic to make. But they have to pay for their own cost if I'm going to keep making them, haha.)

The things that seem small, but really aren't. Putting up the Christmas tree with our favorite Christmas CD, hot chocolate, and spending the time reliving and adding to those traditions that make the season one I look forward to. A text from a new friend, letting me know that she wanted to pass on some information that she thought would help me. Kind words and a helpful hand. Isaac's laugh.

Some big things. All of you who have donated to little Scott's adoption fund. I can't thank you enough! And that Ronald has found his family, after being on the angel tree for 3 years now. How kind the Lord is! Finding unexpected blessings where I didn't look for them, and learning more about the balance of resting and investing.

I don't have a lot of time to sit and write down the things that make me smile in a day right now. It makes me sad. And yet, you know what, I am such a creature of routine... I would probably write the same things over and over, because they never get old. Snuggling Noah before we get up. Washing my hair. A cheery hello from the lady who bakes the cookies at Chick-fil-a. I love once-in-a-life things, too, but I find the most joy from consistent, anticipated, looked for moments. There have been a lot of those lately. So if my list looks the same as last year... it might be boring to read, but there is truly so much thankfulness that goes into the writing of it.

And I'm thankful for each of you who still check in on my little blog after it's been so quiet (after being so busy!). I know I have several posts I have promised to share that are still in drafts, but I just haven't been able to do them justice yet. I'm hopeful not to be quite such a stranger in the coming weeks. But no matter what, you each make me smile when you read and comment!

Rejoicing in Hope,
Bri

4 comments:

  1. It's so true, the small things make each day brighter. There are lots of happy things on this list - thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Savor the small things in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things", right <3?!

      Delete
  2. I savor these reminders to be thankful! God is so, so good, but our job is to remember to keep our eyes upon Jesus (Hebrews 12:2). What joy He brings! Thanks girly; You are loved, Bri. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment... I want to hug it, Hosanna. You bring a smile to my face, and speak truth in such a beautiful way! God has definitely given you a gift with words!

      Delete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11