Saturday, December 18, 2021

Alivia


https://reecesrainbow.org/childgrant/alivia

Life has been busy since I last checked in. My work schedule is just starting to slow down a bit, and now we are in the Christmas season. I'm loving life, but I wish I had about two more hours in my day.

One of the things I've really let fall to the way side is advocating for this little girl.

I've participated in the Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign for a few years now. I struggled over whether to advocate this year, because I knew that I was strapped for time, but I didn't want to give up on these babies. I signed up.

I usually choose a little one to advocate for by looking on the list of kids that are most likely to be passed over. But this year, I decided to advocate for Alivia for a very special reason... This little girl has epilepsy.

------

The little girl I care give for has epilepsy.

It can be scary. We've had to rescue her at school twice in as many weeks. Her family has had to completely change so much about their lives to give her the best life possible. 

But she is so vibrant. So full of joy. Her presence in my life brings me so much delight.

I'm so glad her parents took a chance bringing home a child with a diagnosis that might have scared off others. I want that for Alivia.

-----

I want her family to find her. I want her to find that vibrant and joyful life. I want her family and those around her to find that delight in her presence.

But I've been failing her. It's true that I was strapped for time, and I've not shared my little girl here. I've barely done any advocating for her.

But she's on the angel tree, and so many generous people have pulled together to bring up her account, even as I have had no time to fundraise for her. Her account has $510 more in it than it would if she wasn't on the tree this year. A good sum to help with her adoption paper work - a huge relief to the shoulders of her future family. But our goal is to get ALL of these babes on the tree to at least $1,000. We don't want a need for money to be the one thing holding the families of these babies back. Each one deserves a family. Love. Proper care. Someone to teach them what adoption means. A beautiful picture of the gospel. 

If you can spare even 5 dollars this Christmas, would you consider giving it to one of these children? Maybe Alivia. 

And whether you can help monetarily or not... will you choose one baby from the list to pray for and share on one of your social media platforms *right now*? The more people see and share their sweet faces, the sooner they find their home. And that makes a lasting difference!

https://static.reecesrainbow.org/macc/

Rejoicing in the gospel,

Ambrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11