Saturday, November 21, 2015

Thankful Thoughts, 11/21/15

I know it's not Thursday, but I didn't want to totally skip sharing my list this week, haha :). Truth be told, I've been writing my list down daily. Online. And still can't get it copied to the blog on time.  No, I don't get it either. But I've been thankful for...
~Sleep!
~The many ways we have to keep up with long distance friends and family.
~That the “Lord’s strength is made perfect in my weakness”. Praise Him!
~The sweet relationship I have with my Great-Grandma :). We don’t live too close, but we keep up through mail, and it is a blessing to me :).
~Our car.
~The mercy of God.
~Licorice jelly beans :).
~That we don’t have to be a pro at something to enjoy doing it. That would apply to a lot of things, haha, but at the moment I’m thinking of playing piano ;).
~Lightbulbs!
~That our Christmas pictures are done for the year!
~Great books to read.
~Hugs.
~ Hair ties, bobby pins, clips, brushes… all that fun stuff :). 
~Sewing up a skirt :).
3. The song “Where No One Stands Alone”. And all the wonderful songs that I have learned since joining my churches choir that have become a part of my daily life. I love to sing! And for music. Lots of it :). ~That “As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him.
For he knows our frame;
he remembers that we are dust.” (Psalm 103:13)
~My bible. The written Word of God is a remarkable gift in itself, but my own personal copy holds so many memories of times that I have spent in that word, during joys, trials, and learning God’s law alone and with friends, as well.
~Looking back at a day was satisfaction :).
~For Josiah coming up and asking for snuggles :). LOVE!
~That “Our help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth”.
~The use of my hands. I can not imagine not being able to do things like pick stuff up or braid my hair, but there are those who do have to rely on other for that!
~Wall art and pictures :).
~Running family jokes :).
~Birds :).
~And glass windows to see them threw :)! So much more pleasant then the clothes over the window, that let in light but not scenery, talked about in Laura Ingalls Wilder’s books :).
~Colored pencils for bible study :).
~My Gramma and how she is always giving thoughtful gifts to those she knows :).
~Paisley designs… even if Tori doesn’t agree, heehee :).
~That we did not “receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but… have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”
~And are now “children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.” (Romans 8)
~The dear elderly man in our choir who is constantly encouraging Tori and I :).
~Our pianist and director who drive such a long way each week so that we can practice our songs.
~Sitting on the couch snuggling my widdle brother, listening to music and reading interesting blogs :). Little random moments can be so sweet :).
~Peter’s “chocolate” eyes :). He has the sweetest, most expressive little face!
~The Lord’s blessing in opening my parents’ eyes to His truths, and their commitment to train us in the way we should go.
~Our dinner table :).
~All the many colors we have around us :).
~The things we can learn about the Holy Spirit from Romans 8. (Romans 8 in general -I am loving this study through it my Mama and I are doing :).)
~Reminders that we are not to grumble! We can thank God for His blessings every day, but if we are still grumbling in between whiles, we are still cultivating an unthankful spirit! I know I certainly need to work in this area.
~No- bake cookies. Yum :)!
~Protractors, compasses, rulers, and other things needed to finish up my math.
~Pots and pans.
Blessing to you all :). I pray your Sunday and the coming week is a blessing :)!!!!

~Bri :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11