Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thankful Thursday, 10/12/15

 I am especially thankful this week...
~That “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)
~That though “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” we “are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” (Romans 3:24).
~Josiah giving me sweet little kisses while he was bored trying to go to sleep a couple nights ago... haha :). <3!
~That Daddy had a safe trip to a convention several hours away.
~The ability to crochet, and free information online to help me figure out how to do certain things :). It gives me something to do in my free time, and it’s such a joy to be able to give handmade gifts to others :).
~The sweet little girls Tori and I babysat last week :). Side story, though, that is just hilarious, though I feel terrible about it… when Mama's friends left, their two youngest babies were down for a nap… and when I heard noises from their room, I went to check on them… and girl #1 let out a scream of terror at this stranger (she’s only seen me twice before, and she’s still super little!) walking into her bedroom, and howled for Mama… the yell woke up girl #2, who took one look at me and cried!!! Haha. I had to let big sisters handle it, lol!
~Peanut Butter Fudge Core ice cream.
~The sweet bag that my best friend made me :). I’ve had it for a couple years, but every time I use it, it warms my heart as I think of her precious, encouraging spirit :).
~And, on that note, I am realizing again how thankful I am for Katie, and I am soooo grateful that we FINALLY! got to meet in person this summer :D!!! That was an answer to both our prayers! The only downfall to our friendship is that we are so far away from each other, but, at the same time, I have seen how that has been used by the Lord to bless us, as well, such as when my family made the move here a couple years ago, and my friendship with Katie was one of the few things that wasn’t changed in the least. That was a blessing to me when all I wanted was a sense of *something* familiar! She is constantly an encouragement in my walk with the Lord!
~And I am also grateful for bible study helps :)!
~ For the current sermon series on grace that our Pastor is doing. It has been sooo interesting, and I am looking forward to the rest of it!
~To be talking to a Mama at church and hear that her little girl has been pouring over her catechism all week <3. Even a child is known by his (or her) actions, and this little one is setting a precious example!
~The Brunswick stew that we were given by church friends (two years in VA, and it was the first time we had tried this dish, which seems to be VA's #1 owned recipe, haha).
~Blankets!
~And water. Where would we be without water?! Haha :).
~Josiah's new found love for snow globes :).
~That Mama was able to find an ornament she has been looking for ever since her old one was broken last year :).
~The song “Already There”, by Casting Crowns.
~Tea. Nice, warm, tea… haha :).
~Little notes from friends that mean a lot to me :).
~A warm, dry house, with comfortable beds!
~All our fall decorations :). Fall is my favorite time of the year!
~Chairs :)!
~Drawing with my Tori. Even if it was against my will ;). And she is waaaaaaay better than me, hahaha :).
~The forgiveness God has given us!!!
~That we can come before the Lord in prayer at any time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11