Tuesday, April 1, 2014

And the Baby is...

...here!

Photo: Introducing~
Josiah David Lee Shaffer
Born 3/31/14 @ 10:33 pm
Weighs 8 pounds 1.6 ounces
Length 21 3/4 inches
He has been in the ICU getting stabilized from blood loss but will soon be released as he is doing perfectly.
Shelby Shaffer will share more when she can.

Josiah David Lee was born yesterday at 10:33 pm, weighing 8 lbs. 2 oz., and was 21 3/4 inches long :). He is such a precious *tiny* little man, and he looks just like Andrew (and, consequently, Tori, Emmi, and Mommy :) ) :). We are so thankful for the blessing of this little miracle! Aren't his cheeks just the sweetest thing :)?...

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute!!!!! I'm surprised he didn't weight more being late and all. Tell your mama congrats. If there's anything we can do to assist let us know. Can't wait to meet him! I bet the boys are super excited to have another one on their team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet baby boy! What a great name and pic:) Love y'all:) Finally Peter gets to be the *big* sibling:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, girls :). He is cute, sweet, precious, tiny, etc., etc. :). I might be biased, but I think he's pretty awesome :)...
    Cameron, I gave Mommy your message :). I can't wait for you to meet him, either :)! We are all excited it was a boy, just like you predicted ;).
    It would seem a little odd that he was so small, when he was as late as Emmi and Peter, who were both over nine pounds. But the emergency that caused the c-section was a placenta rupture, that appears to have happened silently several days before Mommy even went into labor. So he was actually most likely loosing weight, rather than gaining, for a few days. But even with that, Andrew was only three days earlier than Josiah, and only 2 oz. bigger, and Josiah is just about to break the nine pound mark. So, he is actually a big boy for what happened to him :). Especially since he didn't eat well for the first five days!
    Katie, I know :)... I love watching Peter with him, he *LOVES* him :)... I know I really need to post an update, but I also need to do a whole lots else... haha :). I will get to it as soon as possible!!! Love you too :)...
    Blessings to you both,
    Bri :)

    ReplyDelete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11