Friday, August 7, 2015

Thankful Thoughts 08/07/15

Some of the things that have made me smile this past week are...
~Laying on the bed with my siblings and talking about nonsense. Or listening to them see who can sing a beautiful song in the worst style. It's all the same...
~Writing.
~Little acts of kindness and random words of recognition.
~All the little notes full of love I found from my little siblings while I was going through my papers the other day :).
~And a card from my Grandpa. I only received one from him personally, but it made me smile to run across it the other day <3. I am so thankful for the blessing of getting that card before he passed away <3.
~Fun accessories.
~The way little ones love to chatter with you when they meet you at the park. And watching Peter help a little girl he had just met up the playset ladder just because he loves to "be a gentleman".
~Watching little ones playing when they have no idea you are in the room... heeheehee ;).
~The little, random, un-set-up-able moments with those you love that just warm your heart even though it seems like such a common, small thing.
~Bethi's potted lettuce coming up, she's so excited!
~Tori telling Peter something the other day, and his agreeing with her... then she asked, "Do you know what that means?" and he said, "Yes!". And then she queries, "So what does it mean?". *stunned silence* "I thought I knew what it meant". Haha! He sounded like Winnie-the Pooh, haha!
~'Siah all excited about a cookie... little goosie. And then he sat on my lap for forever drawing, and his little fist was so cuuuuute!!!!
~Answered prayers.
~Getting to sing "Wonderful the Matchless Grace of Jesus" in choir ths last Wednesday. Tori and I were *just* talking last week about how wonderful that song is and about how nobody seems to sing it, at least at times that we get to join in, haha. It was strange timing! And, as a side note, I'm glad that choir starting back after the July break!
~Saying the same thing at the same time as Tori... that doesn't happen often, but we've done it like three times in the past two days, it's hilarious!
~The feel of a good pen on paper.
~Trying out a new recipe.
~Annnnnnnd, last, but *certainly* and *definitely* not least...
the precious new life that will be joining our family next spring!!!!! The Lord is so good, and we are so thankful for this blessing :)! I can't wait to meet this new little one, with it's own personality and gifts to contribute to our family :)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11