Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thankful Thursday ✽ Fall Blessings

Sommmmmebody told me that I don't share pictures of me with my siblings enough, ahem. Sooooo, here's a pic of us when we went to watch the solar eclipse this August, that I meant to blog about and never did ( :P...)...


And I just remembered we did have an actual family photo taken this year! My Grandpa snapped it really fast before we left the park where we went to spend some time with Great-Grandma!...


Very thankful for that, because it's not often we're all in a picture at the same time, haha :). I love Josiah's cheesy face <3. Noah's taken up that face in the past week, too, by the way...


Haha! Love 'em...

There are so many things we've been given to be thankful for <3. How kind God is to bless us above and beyond. We have not only been given eternal salvation, but little things to make our earthly time full of small joys as well! I've got my October wrap up post to finish up and put out, and that's started and should be up in a couple days... but today I want to do a Thankful Thursday sharing some of the things that I'm thankful for this fall season <3...


pink and gold leaves - noah's love of "puntins" - warm pumpkin muffins - crisp coolness - chilly weather that calls for soft blankets - fall colors - warm coffee - the sweet autumn coffee cup mama gave me - gingersnaps - weather that calls for baking little treats with little people - getting to work on simple fall crafts with little siblings - the temperatures that make it possible to wear my favorite long sleeved shirts (once i pull them out of the garage... from wherever they got put this summer... haha...) - making quick work of turning pie pumpkins into puree and roasted pumpkin seeds with my family - that cold scent that fills the house in the early morning - the beautiful decorations that people are making and sharing - comfortable fall dinners with those you love - the gentle, quiet fallish feeling you get from watching the squirrels busily preparing for winter as you pause in your day for a moment - sitting down with my journal and a pen to write down things i'm thankful for - transitioning into the christmas season with christmas music, whether it's too early or not, haha - time spent with my family as daddy takes some small work breaks before his christmas workload starts - and the grace that gave us all these things to enjoy, through no merit of our own

What are you thankful for this fall? Are you keeping a journal of thankfulness this month? Who else thought it was about time some family pictures got shared ;)?...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely picture of you and your family!!
    I'm thankful for the changing leaves, riding bikes with my brother, new music to listen to, playing instruments, making homemade bread, phone calls with my sister and nieces, plaids and cowboy boots, and writing my book.

    - Maddy | littlebitofsunshineweb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maddy!

      Those are all wonderful things <3!!!! How is Katy doing :)? I miss the pictures of your little nieces on your blog, you must miss them so much!

      Love,
      Bri

      Delete
    2. Jason, Katy and the girls are all doing great. Katy's supposed to have her fourth child in April, and she'll be finding out what it's going to be on the 14th of this month! They're all very excited!
      Chloe is six now (she'll be seven in February), Bella is four, and little Emma (who isn't so little anymore) is two.
      We all miss them more than you can imagine, but we're praying about going to see them during Christmas. Hopefully it works out. :)

      - Maddy | littlebitofsunshineweb.blofspot.com

      Delete
    3. I can't wait to hear what she has <3! Our family was 3 girls and then a boy, and my Mom was soooo shocked, heehee! I hope you get to see visit them <3!

      Delete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11