Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Baby Name Challenge Tag

baby name challenge tag

It looks like there is a new tag going around! (I feel like a writer created this one as she was researching, but didn't name it the "Writer's Name Challenge" so that there would be more people filling it out ;).) As I was reading through the first one I saw, I was thinking, this looks hard (because, the wonderful thing about Bri is that she's completely indecisive. I'm probably going to make my future husband write the names we chose on the birth certificate, too, that way if the child hates it, *I'm* not the one who committed. I am so mean. And indecisive.). I got tagged twice, and I could have turned it down once, but not twice, that's just too rude, haha, so I am attempting to pretend I am decisive (you can let me know how good I am at that in a few minutes, hahaha). And also, with a new little brother in the house, we have been talking about names a lot over here, and so I thought it would be a fun time to fill it out if I am going to ;).

I was tagged by both Maddy from Little Bit of Sunshine and Dominika from Walking in the Sonshine (yep, two rays of sunshine <3!), and no matter how hard this one is for me, I am honored that you both thought of me girls, truly!

Actually, I kind of feel like the three of us have an unspoken understanding that we're "safe" bloggers to tag because we know that the other two are "okay" with tags, haha, and that's kind of a friendly thing to have in the blogeshere, right?!

Sooooooo, here it goes!

R U L E S:

Answer the questions
Tag three friends


1.What are your favorite boy and girl name from the top 100 of the year?

Boy: Ethan (#17). Actually, several on this list are cute and I might mention them later, but I'll just go with that one, because I remember it being the first boy's name I really liked (although, for reasons since then, I am not sure I will ever use it, which is sad).
Girl: I'll go with Autumn (#75). There are too many cute ones to choose from, but I have always loved Autumn as a name. Autumn is such a pretty word anyway! But the use of it would be limited, because you would have to have a girl baby in the six weeks of true fall to use it. Like the name Noelle. I feel like you can only use that name if your daughter is born December 1-25.


2.What are your least favorite boy and girl name from the top 100 of the year?

Boy: Sebastian (#22). Not because the name itself is terrible, but I have to ask, has any baby ever LOOKED like a Sebastian? Maybe if you could find a cute nickname until he "grew into it"... but nicknames are my thing and I am having a hard time finding one, so I have my doubts that this could be a baby name ;).
Girl: Either Kennedy (#58) or Quinn (#76). I have nothing against the names per say, but they don't sound as feminine as I would lean for, and so I wouldn't pick them.


3. If you have twins, what would you name them?

Well... I could go with bible names that are associated with each other.
Boy + Boy: David + Jonathan (actually, I would totally do that one).
Boy + Girl: Moses + Miriam.
Girl + Girl: Mary + Martha.


4. If you could change your name to anything, what would you change it to?

I like my name and the reasoning behind it, so I wouldn't want to change it. But I did ask to be called Ella when I was little, because I felt like Ella made a sensible nickname for Ambrielle, and I loved the book "All-of-a-Kind Family". Tori called me Ella for a day, and then that was it, because my Dad heard and asked if I didn't like the nickname Bri any more and I thought I hurt his feelings, which was not my intent... haha.


5. If you had four children, boys or girls, all with the same letter, what would their names be?

I am never going with the same letter theme, haha. Buuuuuuut...
1. Ida
2. Isaiah
3. Isabelle
4. Iris
Sure. I just picked 3 names to go with Ida, hahaha ;). Iris and Isabelle are beautiful, but probably wouldn't fit with other names I would use, so this is purely for fun ;). .


6. What is your favorite animal inspired name?

Boy: Wolf.
Girl: Wren.
But I would never use animal names, haha. They are fun in books, but I feel like they are dangerous in real life (I feel like these children would be the most likely to with they had gotten boring normal names).

7. What is your favorite colored inspired name?

Boy: Ash.
Girl: Hazel.


8.  What are your top three favorite boy names?*

1. Caleb.
2. William (not nicknamed Bill. Because why?).
3. Jeremiah.


9. What are your top three favorite girl names?*

1. Adelina.
2. Hosanna.
3. Elizabeth.
*Top favorites meaning "first 3 favorites that come to mind", obviously, right ;)?


10. What is your favorite month inspired name?

Boy: August
Girl: May


11. Choose a name from a movie.

I am drawing a complete blank on movies that even hold normal (read: not obviously movie-inspired) but cute names... hahahaha.
Boy: Eh, Albert from "The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry". I don't particularly love this name, but I do love this character because he's hilarious (and I love the fact that he wasn't even supposed to be a big part of the movie), so, sure... haha.
Girl: Arwen is not normal, but it is beautiful. I will not bother to spend the time explaining where it came from, as it's so obviously movie-inspired I expect you to know ;).


12. Choose a name that is already in your family.

Boy: Probably Daniel. Tori has claimed Robert, so that's out ;).
Girl: LaVon. It's a traditional requirement I refuse to break. Tradition!


13. Choose a name from a book.

Boy: Theo, "The Bishop's Shadow". Unfortunately I am not as partial to the name Theodore, so I don't know how that would work out, haha.
Girl: Leslie, "Anne's House of Dreams". I would never wish Leslie's life on anyone, but I think the name is beautiful!

And I shall tag a few writing bloggers I know, because they can chalk filling this tag up to doing research for future stories, right ;)?!
-Micaiah from Notebooks and Novels. (She just got one of her stories published, how neat is that?!)
-Jane from Jane Maree. (So much enthusiasm on this blog!)
-Danielle from Life is Like a Book. (I literally just found her blog through a comment she left me, so hi, Danielle!)

Had you heard of this tag yet? What was your favorite name from my answers? What are some names you would have chosen to use instead?

Rejoicing in Hope,
Bri

P.S... who wants to see another picture of Isaac, because he's adorable <3?

Baby Isaac Pictures

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I've seen this tag around and I really like it. It's so much fun to see everybody's different answers! (A little known fact about me: I'm a bit obsessive about names.)

    I love Wren for a girl's name, too, but, like you, I don't think I'd ever actually name a child after an animal. Nothing against people who do it; that's just me personally. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Elanor! Welcome to Forget Not His Benefits! I love to peruse your blog betimes, although I don't comment often :). Please, consider yourself tagged by me as a bonus tag, if you haven't been yet; if you love names, then I am sure you are eager to try this one out! I admit to having read a baby name book in my spare time at the age of 12, so I understand ;).

      Exactly! This was all just my take on choosing a name; I feel that any person's name is beautiful once it becomes a part of them, even if you didn't think it would "work" to begin with, and if we all liked the same names, we would have a very boring variety!

      Blessings,
      Bri

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the bonus tag. :) I'm a bit like you, though: indecisive! Lol and also like you in that I read my mom's baby name book thoroughly as a kid!

      Very true. I'm glad you are of the same mind.

      Delete
  2. *in shock* YOU DIDNT TAG ME. *plans revenge*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was going to, but then I went with the writer theme for my tags, and I knew that I had more tags coming up I was gonna tag you in, soooo... haha :).

      Delete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11