Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thankful Thursday, 09/10/15


This week I am especially thankful for...

~"The Cost of True Discipleship", by Deitrich Bonhoeffer. This book was sooo good! I'm hoping to share some of his views on "letting your light shine" in the next week, but for now I'll just say that I think everyone could gain something from this book! 
~Listening to Tori working with Peter on flashcards. That was precious :)... and pricelessly funny. But most stuff was to me that night. I might have needed to go to bed sooner than I did. Lol.
~Josiah's little voice calling out "All aboard!" with his singing toy train.
~One of our dear friends at church bringing Josiah a little book she found about King Josiah from the bible :). So sweet!
~Washing a stack of dishes with my siblings.
~The wonderful time Mama and I had earlier this week when we went out for my birthday :). It was an awesome day :). We went browsing at Hallmark, and craft stores, and Goodwill, and out for lunch... oh, and out to Starbucks. And it was HILARIOUS. We went in, and Mama was thinking they might have their special fall Salted Caramel Mocha out, but they didn't, so we went ahead and ordered something else. Ten minutes after we sit down they started switching out their menu signage, and put out their Salted Caramel Mocha... biggest item on the menu, mind you. Hahaha! It was so funny!
~The wonderful weather we have had here lately :). It's been sunny, but not too hot. It was raining with full sunshine this afternoon, that's always so pretty :)!
~Enjoying working on projects I've never done before, like the scarf that I made earlier this week with some super fun yarn :). And I've got an announcement I am really excited about that I hope to share soon :)!
~National Teddy Bear Day :). Mama and her family used to celebrate it all the time, and it just happened to be held this Wednesday, sooo...
 
Mama showed the little ones how to knead some dough by hand (something we usually cheat on, so they thought that was great fun ;) )...


 (Love Emmi, haha!)

And then they made some little teddy bear shaped rolls :). 


Josiah wanted to add the raisins to his bread. Until he remembered raisins are food. Then there was no more putting it on his roll. Just eating them. Haha!


And voila :)! The perfect bread to use for their sandwiches on a teddy bear picnic :).


 Josiah couldn't wait for his ;)...

 Andrew decided to spell his name with raisins rather than 
make a bear, but as it rose, the raisins kind of started 
popping off like buttons, haha! Oops!!!

Lunch with their teddy bears :)! 

I hope you all have had a wonderful, blessed week :). 

Rejoicing in Him,

Bri :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11