Thursday, November 3, 2016

Ten years ✽ Thankful Thurday

Ten years ago today I was sitting at Mama's desk typing up the first blog post (that took my unpracticed fingers F.O.R.E.V.E.R.) to go on the brand new blog Mama had helped me set up. I've moved my blog, and then opened a new one, and I haven't always been consistent, but blogging, and writing in general, is something I really, really enjoy, and I've enjoyed sharing with you all through my blogging for these ten years... It's weird to think it's been that long, and yet it's such a part of my life, I'm almost surprised it's not longer :). Funny story: Daddy was on my blog recently and because of how he was laughing, I thought he was reading "The Babylon Bee". Then he mentioned that he eats chocolate ice cream like I do, and I found out it was my blog. That was a major plot twist. What it says about my blogging style, I don't know, but at least you all stick around for it... ;).

The GiveThanksx7 challenge is currently up and running, and already it's bringing blessings with it; making me sit down and praise the Lord, bringing me reminders to praise Him for things I'm still taking for granted through the lists that other girls are sharing, and gleaning from the wisdom and encouragement of other believers :). I thought I would share a few of my praises here each Thursday through the month of November :). I am thankful for...

-The salvation and adoption that God has given through the precious sacrifice of His Son, and His Spirit that has entered my life and revealed His steadfast love.
-The mercies of the Lord that are new every morning.
-That He is my stronghold and His joy is my strength.
-That His promises fail not.
-That He hems me in behind and before, and nothing can happen to me outside of His will.
-That we have a gracious and patient God who corrects us in our faults, and a comforter who hears our broken cries.
-That He did not wait for me to love and serve Him before He redeemed and bought me, but drew me to Himself knowing this was the only way I could know Him.


 Noah's first time sitting at the table with the family :)!
We had waffles, and Josiah was delighted with the Olaf
shaped waffles (made from the iron my Gramma gifted
us with) that he didn't remember having before :). 


Last summer when we went blueberry picking,
Emmi wanted to know if we could make a blueberry
pie, so a few weeks ago she got to help make one!
She was thrilled :).

-God’s word being available to us, and the freedom we have to use and display it. As I have been making word art canvases for my online shop the past couple days, I have been thinking about the fact that we are blessed to be able to decorate our homes with God’s word, while so many must hide their faith or die in so many places.
-For godly men and women who did stand against persecution for their faith so that we could have the freedom to worship that we have.

-JoJo asking me, "Can you play with me?!" He melts my heart, y'all...

 These are a couple of my new canvases for sale in my shop!

 I love this one. So much. Lol.

 I was taking pictures of him in a couple of the hats that I have
listed, and he looked very much like a cabbage patch baby?!?!?
Love him!

Ohhhhhhhh yeah, this. This isn't another one, but the corrected
picture of the last one. Once Daddy fixed it, I had to let you see it
again, because aren't those little baby spiders fascinating? ::shudder::

-“The Valley of Vision”. This book of a collection of puritan prayers has been such a beautiful addition to my day over the past few weeks. It is full of such reminders as
“My Savior wept that all tears might be wiped from my eyes,
groaned that I might have endless song,
endured all pain that I might have unfading health,
bore a thorny crown that I might have a glory-diadem,
bowed his head that I might uplift mine,
experienced reproach that I might receive welcome,
closed his eyes in death that I might gaze on unclouded brightness,
expired that I might forever live.
O Father, who spared not thine only Son that thou mightest spare me,
All this transfer thy love designed and accomplished;
Help me to adore thee by lips and life.
Oh that my every breath might be ecstatic praise,
my every step buoyant with delight, as I see
my enemies crushed,
Satan baffled, defeated, destroyed,
sin buried in the ocean of reconciling blood,
hell’s gates closed,
heaven’s portal open.
Go forth, O conquering God, and show me the cross,
mighty to subdue, comfort, and save.”
All this he did for me when I was yet a sinner!!! How marvelous his wonderful grace!
-And for our Father’s giving us the privilege to come before his throne, for the Son’s mediation on our behalf, and the Spirit’s work in our hearts to align our will with Christ’s. That we can hold any part in the Lord’s workings through our simple, faltering prayers, what a gift!

-Daddy's willingness to teach me and put up with my... driving. I'm not going to add "terrible" there, but neither am I going to put "wonderful" . We'll discuss what kind of driving it is in a few months. (I've scared him a few times, y'all, and that's hard to do). I'm not sure I would do it if I were him, haha!!!
-The Cubs winning last night, if only because it made my Grandpa and Abbi so happy :). It was cute how hard she was rooting for something she'd never thought of until the past couple weeks, haha :).
-A clean yard, and watching my siblings enjoying themselves outside :).

Abbi found a snail!

 It was really big, and cute, although I wouldn't touch it, haha.
By the way, she tried to pick a lizard up by the tail the other day.
She has no qualms about ANYTHING!!! I explained how delicate
they are, so she doesn't plan on doing it again... but ewwww.

 He is ALWAYS sweeping. Or working. Or
supervising other people's work. Or asking
to be babied like a newborn. There is no 
inbetween.

 Peter and his miniature finds! This one is a
mushroom, he was just as proud of it as the 
apple he found at the orchard!

 LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Like you have no idea.
I did a photo shoot like this with Abbi and Emmi when they were babies,
so when Josiah got in, I had to do one with him and Noah. And I almost
ruined Noah's clothes because I didn't think of the rust in the wheel
barrel getting on them... but they're okay, and the pictures are cute, 
so we're good :). Haha :). 



Abbi in an "Abbi" shirt, haha :). Little sparkle!

-For my blog readers and your encouragement in my writing <3!
Rejoicing in hope,
Bri :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11