Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Fall Party



Look at that precious little baby <3!


And look at that sky <3! 

We had a respite tonight at the church that I volunteer with, helping out with some of their special needs programs. I've been working with these programs for about two years now, and I absolutely love it! It's definitely something that is dear to my heart. I absolutely love investing in the families that the church reaches out to, and even more so I love investing in the individuals that we serve - it's been such a privilege to be a part of their lives! And the ladies who head up the program are just so sweet, as well, it is a joy to work alongside them.

Tonight we loaded up the church buses and drove over to one of the family's homes - they have a farm, and so it's the perfect setting for outdoor activities! I had actually never been to the farm before (although I hear raving reviews about it all the time ;)!), because I missed the October respite last year, but I am told that the fall party is an annual occurrence, and always a big hit. It was such a neat setting for the evening, with a huge yard big enough for our 50+ group, tables set up outside, and we did a hot dog dinner with sides. And hayrides for everybody in weather that was deliciously fallish, for a SC evening! Then there was a surprise waiting for everybody - one of the ladies has been trying to set up a K-9 unit demonstration for some of our members who are obsessed with K-9s/sheriffs/police cars all summer, and it worked out that she was able to bring them out tonight. That was such a fun addition to the evening!

Several of the group members brought treats to share with their friends. Let me just tell you, if you want to see generousity, this place is the place to go - all the participants share everything they have, and all of the workers share so much of their time and their effort, it's just so inspiring to be around them! There were horses and puppies, bubbles and fall decor and activities set out - and a gorgeous sunset thrown in as well <3! It was a perfect evening for our outing, we were having so much fun that we barely made it back to the church in time for pick ups!

This ministry has been wonderful to be involved with. I started out, hoping to be able to bless others... but I truly get at least as many blessings from getting involved as I could ever give, and it's such a fulfilling way to invest in this passion of mine! While it confirms to me that I do want to pursue doing this further in my life, it's also something that, even if I didn't want to take it further, I would be happy to invest in. And I think that that is important, to find some way to reach out in the community around you and do something that will make an impact in the Lord's kingdom! Isn't it amazing to think that He has given us a part to play in getting His love out to other people? Obviously, He is God... He is all-powerful, and so He doesn't NEED us to help... but He chose to ALLOW us to be able to work along side Him (through Him!). And He made it so meaningful to us to be able to do, not a burden to check off our list... I just find it amazing, and I love it so much :)!

2 comments:

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11