Friday, October 19, 2018

Homemade Chocolate Chip Frappes

Homemade Starbucks copycat chocolate chip frappe recipe




I have a confession to make. I don't even like chocolate chip frappes that much.

Lol!

But, I started trying new "fun" coffee recipes, and Tori loves the chocolate chip frappes, so obviously I made it anyway when I was shown a recipe online.

And then I had to make it a couple more times because I wasn't going to serve mediocre treats and call it good, I had to make it right ;). And I do like them better now then I did the first time Tori let me try a sip of hers ;). For those of you who want to try this for the first time, the taste is great; I just like my drinks to have a smooth texture, and these frappes are purposefully made with chocolate shavings ;). They are so easy! And they don't have any coffee in them, a fact that disappointed me (but, honestly, didn't surprise me since Tori likes it ;)), since they are served from a coffee menu, haha!

Chocolate Chip Frappe Recipe

2 cups ice
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons chocolate sauce
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup ice cream (or heavy whipping cream, but the ice cream made a slightly thicker drink)
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup large chocolate chips

Blend until ice is smooth and chocolate is shaved (we have a ninja blender and I let it go for about 25 seconds).

Makes two small frappes or one large.

Serve with whipped cream, if desired!

Next up on my "try-to-perfect" list; Caramel Frappes!!! That's what I usually get, and the one I tried to make was a worse disappointment than these were the first time, haha! But I think I identified all the issues with those, too, and I want to incorporate some of the changes I made to this recipe ;).

I hope y'all have had a great day. Tell me, what is one thing that you are excited about this week :)?!

Rejoicing in Hope,
Bri <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm eager for your carmel frappe recipe to show up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, are you? Then I shall share it as soon as I have perfected it :)! Which could be weeks, because I am so busy right now, haha... BUT, I will do my best, especially since now I'll feel like I am doing it for someone else, too ;)!

      Delete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11