Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday Ramblings

Moments that probably made people question my sanity today:

-I hit save instead of publish on a post I was starting for my month wrap up that I typically work on all month long... soooo, for those of you who get email updates... I am sorry for the lack of background that was supposed to be given to that snippet, but you're welcome for the laugh that the randomness surely had to give you ;)...

-At our church potluck today  I realized... my life is not normal to other people. As I filled my 14th plate of food. During my 5th time in line. #ipromisemostofthisisnotmine

*me as I see a young mom trying to juggle two plates and a baby* she might like some help.
*looks down at my two plates and all the little people around me* she would probably be able to get done faster by herself. Oh well, haha!

Our day got off to an interesting start when we barely got out of the door on time and then had to immediately turn around for the serving spoons we forgot... then our van started making an atrocious grinding noise! Thankfully, Daddy can figure out almost any problem within minutes, and after stopping to pick up some power steering fluid, the noise immediately stopped. But Mama noticed the car needed fueled, and after taking the time to fill up, we made it to church just as service started. Oh, what a morning! But still, we were able to enjoy good teaching (finishing up the 11th chapter if John), the wonderful reminders of communion, and some fellowship with others, and it was a good morning/early afternoon regardless!

Our later afternoon was spent preparing for some special guests we have coming tomorrow (!), and this evening we settled in for a family movie night. While preparing for it, I managed to break a pan lid (and do you know how terrifying it is to have to fish a pan lid screw out of a pot of hot oil with kernels ready to pop at any time? Leave it to me), but we survived ;). JoJo, who never finishes his popcorn (or... like... food), finished his cup tonight, crawled onto my lap, and started to eat out of the bowl Andrew and I were sharing... and then, not too long after, gives a little "wow" sigh, and says, "...I didn't remember this movie was so long..."
We were just over half way through. Lol!

Now we're ready for a new week of projects and plans and learning, whatever it may hold for us... and, despite feeling like this is a rambling, pointless post, I am ready for bed, and, honestly, couldn't write anything more concentrated until I have had a chance to journal and chronologically catergorize if I tried, haha. I spent my afternoon catching up in my bible reading instead of writing, because that was my priority no matter my "routine"! And that is as it should be... but it also means I will have to find some other time to sort my thoughts ;). And hopefully get some pictures taken for some post ideas I have (and maybe blog on my computer instead of my phone for once, because why don't I do what's best instead of convenient? Haha...)

What are your plans for the upcoming week :)?

Rejoicing in Hope,
Bri <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11