Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday, Week 134

This week I am especially thankful for...
~The Reformation.
~That two days worth of work last week has resulted in a yarn chest that is NOT full of tangled yarn, but separate balls, and that I found the knitting needle I have been looking for for a week :).
~Cloud shaped slices of french bread (okay, I'm odd. But sometimes it's the little things, and it just made me smile. Haha :).)
~Time change. More specifically the falling back of fall time. I could do without the jumping ahead in the spring, but I love when we fall back, haha :). My internal clock runs on fall time, so it's always great for me to get back to that :).
~Being able to help Daddy with some of his work projects as a family last Sunday.
 ~Proverbs, and the many truths it teaches. And the wonderful group, consisting of my Mom, sister, and some friends, who have been studying through different books of the bible with me this year :).
~"Orphan Awareness Sunday" this week. Though I didn't get around to sharing it on my blog like I meant to, it was on my heart, and I am so thankful for all the ways God has put in place to bring families for orphans :).
~Pumpkin muffins... yummy :)! One of my favorite fall breakfasts :)!
~The hand mixer that Mommy got as a wedding gift... it was the one I learned to cook with, the one that we have used for all Christmas baking... it finally gave out.  That part is sad, but I'm glad for the baking memories that we made with it!
~Josiah's new tooth :)! Toothy baby grins are just around the corner as it gets quickly bigger, I love those smiles :)!
~Christmas music playing in the kitchen as I type this out... the "Piano Guys" Christmas cd, none the less, one of my top five :). It's making me want to get started on Christmas projects :)!
~Hebrews 13:15 :).
~Emmi excitedly making our bed because, as she puts it I "must be EXHAUSTED doing it every time!". Haha! No, not really... but thank you anyway, Emmi ;).
~A Daddy who knows how to grill. And a brother who likes to help. I still have never patted out hamburgers. And I'm okay with that. Heehee :). Daddy is still trying to get me to do it... he asked "What would you do if I was gone and you wanted a hamburger?". To which I answer... um, Andrew! Or just wait until Daddy gets home, haha!
~Abbi's love for the "Theo" shows.
~The shower of leaves and acorns that have been coming down all morning! A beautiful sight, and a reminder that "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. (John 12:24). We can be so thankful that God did that very thing for us... he, the bread of life, wheat of our existence, died, that we might have life!
~Seeing Andrew diligently reading his Bible and history books. 
~Abbi's excitement when Tori told her that they would read a chapter book together :).
~Tori in the living room playing Christmas hymns :). "How great our joy... how great our joy... joy, joy, joy!!!"
~Peter's comment last night "I love brownies!". So do we, Peter... perfectly cute excuse for some ;).

"Through him then let us continually 
offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is,  
the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name."
                                        ~Hebrews 13:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11