Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday, Week 135

This week I'm thankful for...

~Josiah's second tooth :)!
~Peter going around the house singing about obedience :). So sweet!
~Elizabeth Elliot's "Through Gates of Splendor". It was so good :)! (On a side note, Lord willing I plan to start a bi-weekly, perhaps weekly, we'll see how it goes, book review on Saturdays. What do y'all think?)
~Tori's art. She is so talented :)!



~Sitting at the table working on bible study while Tori works on the other side. I might not have got as much study done as I planned ;), but the fellowship was wonderful :).
~Gingersnap cookies. Yummy :)!!!
~Andrew's finishing his first chapter book that he read on his own :).



~Glitter. I hate how it sticks to you if you touch it, haha :), But the glitter on stuff is so pretty!
~Colors. I love colors :)! But even more, I love this comment from Abbi: "When I get big and get my own house, I'm going to take the fan down, color each part a different color, and put it back up so when it spins it will make a rainbow!" Oh Abbi, haha :). Actually, it sounds pretty... hmm... ;).
~Boxes. Lots of boxes! We helped Daddy set up product at the state convention, and I am very glad we didn't have to carry things in a few at a time ;)!
~The Nye-Ham debate earlier this year. It is still getting out to people, through the book on it now, and that is exciting :)!
~The way Peter calls the rice crispy treats the neighbor gave us "Christmas trees", heehee :). (I'm not sure whether he remembers Emmi doing that, or if it just sounds that much alike!
~Mommy and Daddy's dedication in gathering us for family bible time every night.
~The character quality sheets my Mom keeps hanging up on our fridge.
~The reminder of how very important it is that we keep our lips from evil, and use our words to encourage; " A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly." (Proverbs 15:1-2)
~My water tumbler... I love those things, haha :).
~Peter beginning to pick out colors and shapes.
~A giraffe-shaped leaf. (Several people thought it was just the coolest thing, haha :).)
~Josiah banging on the piano... heehee :).
~Peter's announcing that his pjs, which say "Don't let the bed bugs bite", say "Don't eat Peter!". Haha :)!
~The sound of Tori making coffee, the "Piano Guys" Christmas cd, Josiah playing, and little ones doing their schoolwork :).

"Giving thanks always and for everything to God 
the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
                               ~Ephesians 5:20 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11