Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday, Week 71

This week I am thankful for....
~The wonderful ministry opportunity that the Lord gave us Saturday. I am working on putting together a post for that, but suffice it to say that it was a wonderful blessing :).
~Tori's new balloon animal making skill that she had fun using both Saturday, and teaching to me Sunday so that we could make some balloons for the little ones :).
~Psalms :).
~That Emmi, who had stopped over the past few months, now asks to hear the bible read every night again :). Abbi has joined her, double sweet :)...
~Cards made up in stock for those times I am in a hurry, but want something a little more "special" than plain paper :). That is a project that I have been wanting to accomplish for several months, and I finally found the inspiration and time to do it these past four days :). I'd love to complete more, but I have a fair stock now :).
~Prismacolor pencils... between my Aunt and a friend's raving about them, I decided to try out the dozen or so of pencils that my Aunt had given  us, and enjoyed using them... my favorite part being that they seemed to sharpen smoothly, something I find pencils don't do willingly for me, haha.
~That I got to a sewing project, that I have been needing to do for a while, today... I only have six thousand more (it feels like) to go ;)!
~That we are getting back into a steady, regular "schedule", the first real reliable routine in almost a year!
~That, although Daddy has to leave town next week, it will only be for four days!
~Enjoying looking through funny quotes with Tori last night.
~Peter's little whistle :).
~Bananas.
~Strawberries!
~Bethi's diligence in making a hat for baby "Seaweed". She even beat me to starting something for this little one ;)!
~Baking soda.
~Our clean stove... we thought to lift the stove top yesterday, and are very happy to say now that it is clean, ahem.
~Mac'n'cheese, because Emmi's plea for some the other day was too cute :)...
~Running water.
~Hairbrushes, and little girl's hair to brush :)...
~Reminders to be thankful...
Such as quotes like this; "It isn't the big pleasures that count the most; it's making the most of the little ones." (From "Hidden Wisdom" magazine, quote by Jean Webster).
~That we might, just might, have some one really interested in our SC home at last... I'll post updates on that when we get them!
~Getting to read books to little people, which I shall get to do here in a few minutes :)...

“For this I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations,
and sing praises to your name.
                                     ~2 Samuel 22:50

Trip posts will be resuming tomorrow. I have the next two installments finished, I just need to do the final edit :). I am sorry for the delay, I meant to pick them back up last Monday, but it didn't work out (that might be part of why I had time to do cards, haha... in my feeble defense, I can draw while babysitting better than blog while babysitting. Of course, I wasn't babysitting on Monday, but that explains the lack of putting them up since Monday ;).). I'm getting close to being "caught up", and then I can start posting current updates again! And I will try to make it more than Thankful Thursday posts, like the majority of them were for the last couple months before our move (although these are my favorite posts to write :)... as if I've never mentioned that before ;)...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11