Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thankful Thursday 05/14/15



There have been so many blessings I have been given in the past week! I'm going to be honest here and say that I have not appreciated them as much as I should have... quite frankly, I have been kind of a grouch. But the Lord is so good to us, giving us even what we don't deserve, and as I look back at the past week, these are a few of those things I can be very grateful for...

~ That Peter can say cocoa. That might sound strange, but the boy was so excited about it, I had to join him in thinking it was awesome, haha. I was making breakfast a few mornings ago while talking to Tori, and he comes running into the kitchen, "Bri! Tori! I can say cocoa!!!!", haha :).
~Being able to have daily bible time!
~Mommy :)! Happy late Mother's day, Mama :)!
~Turtle pie... more specifically, Emmi's utter joy at getting to try it, heehee :). She was SOOOO excited!
~All the moments that bring laughter in our house... such as this one on Sunday...
While I was fixing Emmi's hair, I told her that she and Abbi needed to leave our box of hair ties/clips alone... she answered, "I haven't touched it!"
"Since when, 2015?", I asked sneakily... to which she replied, wholeheartedly, "YES!"
Tori heard, and said, "Ummm... Emmi. It IS 2015!"... heehee!
~The way Mama always steps in when she hears that someone needs "loved with food" :).
~Little girls who let me braid their hair :). (And not so little girls... Tori is more complying then she used to be! Still working on Bethi....)
~Snuggles with my "kitty cat" Peter... seriously, he woke up the other day and came and stood in the living room doorway until I noticed. I turned around to tell him good morning, went back to reading my book, and the next thing I know, he's crawling under my elbow, haha... I asked, "How did you know I wanted a kitty on my lap?", and he answered, "Because"... lol! He didn't even skip a beat when I called him a cat, Tori has let me know that I may have done it once too often, heehee...  But he's so KITTYlike, I can't help it! Haha...
~Singing along to hymns :). I've had this one running through my mind all evening...

"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"

~"Great is Thy Faithfulness"by Thomas O. Chisholm

~Making more donuts with the little ones... not quite so many this time. Haha! They go a lot quicker when they're not a hundred-something batch ;)....
~A trip to see a dear lady from our church and her daughter this afternoon. They have been such a blessing to us <3. and then on the way home we did some geocaching, which was quite humorous... it took us way longer to find the coordinates than to find the caches, haha!
~That our salvation does not rest on our own goodness. Praise God for his free gift!
~Geodes :). I was reading about them in my science book recently, and it reminded me of the afternoon several years back that we broke open some geodes that my Grandma had bought us :).
~That God continues to give us gifts even when we neglect to give him our praise for them.
~The way Josiah loves to play peek-a-boo :).
~Each day the Lord has given us to live for him, and each night that he gives to refresh us. With that, I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

  1. AWWWW :) So sweet :) I miss y'all!! And that's my mom's favorite hymn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I **miss** you, too, sweet girl!!! And that's a neat little trivia note ;). Heehee :). Tell your mama I said hello... and your Dad, too :). I think of y'all often!

      Delete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11