Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thankful Thursday 05/07/15



Some of the things that I have to be thankful for this week are...
~Bethi, who, as you know, turned 10 this past week :)!
~The next Hidden Treasures auction that is coming up this July! This one will help Mikah, one of the older children who was recently taken to the group home that was opened by some of the former orphanage staff, the same staff that was removed from the orphanage after the investigation was done. This boy needs help to get out of there as fast as he can before they can do any more damage to him! And, while I'm talking about the auctions, if you think about it, could you say a prayer for the auction coordinator? One of their children, adopted from Pleven, passed away last month from brain damage that had gone untreated for too long to be fixed after they got him home  :(. It is so sad, and they could definitely use the prayers!
~Creative people who want to use the gifts that God has given them to help others.... one of whom is my friend Charlotte, who is working on a non-profit project called "Sixth Sense" to help the blind. She has entered a contest that will help with funds, and if you would like to read about this project, and maybe vote for her, you could do so here :)!
~Balloons. More specifically the fact that Josiah loves to toddle around with balloons. Not so much the, 12:30 at night I'm woken up by a bumping and see a bouncing object, freak out because I think there is a cat in my room, kind of balloons. Yes, my brain is strange when it's 3/4 asleep....
~Finally setting up a facebook page for my blog, which has been on my to-do list for several months (yes, I'm not very good at getting around to that to-do list). Sooooo, if you have a facebook account, and might enjoy updates from this blog even a teensy little bit, you could like the page here :).
~The little bird that has been visiting the deck railing right outside our kitchen window every afternoon this week. I am almost positive that it is the same one that has also built a nest in one of the corners between out gutter pipes and the house. I'm hoping this one doesn't get blown like the one last year did...
~People who share with others the ways that they do their devotions. I love gleaning ideas. I was inspired to set up a prayer "journal" (except mine is made up of loose cards :) ) this week :).
~Finally finding an easy way to curl Tori's hair :)! Though I'm sure the flat iron will still be called into service for special occasions, it's nice to have a faster technique for everyday :).
~Paint to patch up the the spots in our room!
~How snuggle-bug-y Josiah has been the past few days! Although I think it's because he doesn't feel well. Of course. Why is that?! Haha :).
~AND, watching him feed himself with a fork for the first time the other day :)! (The day we actually celebrated Bethi's birthday. It's kind of mandatory for one of us to hit a milestone while we are celebrating one of our siblings birthdays...).
Rejoicing in Hope,
Bri :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11