Sunday, July 3, 2016

Busy Days and Cozy Nights

 "Nevertheless, I must go on my way today and tomorrow and the day following, for it cannot be that a prophet should perish away from Jerusalem.’ O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!" -Luke 13:33-34-

It's so beautiful, how often Jesus points to the sins of those who made his sacrifice necessary. And then makes it clear that even these have not changed his love for them... how he would be willing, even now, to except them into the kingdom if only their hearts were not made of stone. While going to his death for the sins of mankind, all he can say is that he WILL do his Father's will... and he longs to give them the comfort that only he can give. How many times have I pushed through my "thorns in the flesh", never thinking to give him my burdens, feeling that if I could just get this or that settled on my own, I'd be fine? But looking at the love that he shows for those who are struggling with sin, blindness and pain. How could I not give him my deepest love, service, and confidence?

   ~    ~    ~    ~    ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~  


Wednesday was spent with more "window shopping" for houses, and Mama and Daddy looked at the interior of one house that looked really promising. It was actually in an area that we had looked at moving into several years ago, and not too far from our old house. Mama and Daddy actually put an offer in, so that was exciting, even though we knew it might not work out. Daddy also gave our hotel room's toilet a free repair on the fly when he noticed it was leaking (and not by our fault... haha. We can be rough on things, but not usually that rough ;).)... that's our Daddy for you! He had not a tool with him, but he still left things better than he found them, haha :)! Abbi did too... she dug all kinds of things out from under the nightstands, lol.


Our nights were pretty late the whole trip, but they were really pleasant... several nights Daddy picked up coffee before we headed back to the hotel, which was delicious ;). We would go back and get the little ones ready for bed, then I would pile with them on their "bed" (the sleeper sofa) and read them another chapter of "Under the Lilacs". Then Tori and Jo-Jo would listen to the Piano Guys on the MP3 player while I had my shower. This was pretty much their favorite thing to do the whole trip... they were so cute, sharing the headphones and enjoying it together :). If we had stopped at Starbucks, I would warm up the rest of my coffee and come to bed. Jo-Jo would share his earphone with me for a bit, and I'd do some reading and bible study... I don't much care to spend days in a hotel, because it's so hard to keep our mob quiet while we're doing pretty much anything. But nights in a hotel are totally different, haha :). I've always loved the closeness and quiet they seem to breath out. 

We weren't sure at this point what the next day held. We had been planning on starting home the next morning, but we had been so busy through the week that we hadn't made it to the zoo yet, which was something we had really been hoping to do. Mama and Daddy and Tori and I tried to decide which was more important to us... seeing Peter and Josiah experience the zoo for the first time... or going home and getting some real sleep, haha :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11