Thursday, October 27, 2016

Music is Life ✽ Chalkboards



I made this chalkboard for Tori's birthday :). It turned out better than I was expecting- I was planning on using the transfer method I use to make my canvases on it, and, uh, yeah, that didn't work. The printer is low on ink, so I couldn't trace it like I usually do, and I had to use an X-acto knife, instead. It came out neater, I think, but I was also way more uptight doing it, (a friend called while I was working on it, and I was so focused she was like, "Are you okay? You seem kind of out of it...", haha! I was like, sorry, I have less than two hours to finish this thing and help wrap gifts... haha!)

I'm really excited about it, though, and I'm thinking of putting some up in my shop, especially since it's made with MARKER, so it's permanent. I'm never creating one of these with chalk again, haha. I made one for my aunt's wedding last year, and we forgot it at home... Mama remembered it about four hours down the road, and I just cried... haha! (I was already super sick from a new pair of glasses that weren't right, so I don't know that it's fair to blame it on that, but, ya know...) So Daddy bought chalk and a new chalkboard and I made a new one the next morning, and then we tried to seal it... and it all pretty much dissolved. So, I ended up tracing what could still be barely seen in the car driving up the winding mountain roads on the way to the wedding, haha! For a few days I was sure I never wanted to do another chalkboard... but I've made four ;). Haha!

I found out a few months ago that chalk will "dissolve" when it's sealed and come back though. I was curious, but didn't want to undo my aunt's chalkboard to find out. But when her little kitty got to it (her paw prints were too cute... haha!), she asked me to touch it up, and I decided to go ahead and wipe it off... and, sure enough, it was sealed underneath the top layer. Not very bright, but it was. All I could do was laugh! And then I sat down to re-do Mama's Prayer Request board to see if hairspray would seal it better, and that turned out splotchy, so I'm just sticking with the markers. Haha :). They're really fun when they work ;). The whole time I was working on Mama's, the friend we had over for a couple weeks was watching me, and she asked, "Why are you trying to get it so perfect? It's fine. It looks good to me... hey, right here needs done again" ....haha ;).

But anyway, after I got off the phone with my friend while working on Tori's, Abbi asked me, "How did you know who that was?"
*keeps working on chalkboard* *so shaky because I'm trying so hard to keep my hand steady* *ends up making Abbi repeat herself 3 times 90 seconds later*
"Ummmm.... my phone told me..."
"Why does your phone tell you?"
*cricket chirps* "Huh? Oh. Uh.  So I know if I want to answer it I guess."
Abbi: "Why wouldn't you answer it?! What do you want to do? BREAK their HEARTS?"
Me: *finishes a letter* *realizes what she said* *laughs* "If I don't know who it is, I don't think I'll break their hearts if I don't answer."
Abbi: "But what" *attitude pause* "if it only say their LAST name" *more Abbitude* "and you don't KNOW their last name, just their first name?" *pointed answer to her own question* "THEN you will break their hearts!"
Oh, Abbi...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11