Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Peek into my Journaling Bible

 
I have been asked about my bible journaling, what it is, what I do, and if I would mind sharing some of that with you all a couple of times, and I thought that would be fun to do for my post today :)!
 

Mama and Daddy gifted me my journaling bible for Christmas a few years ago <3. I had seen this new thing called "bible journaling" going around the internet (especially Pinterest) for several months, and when Mama sneakily asked it I thought Tori would be interested in this, I said I didn't see why not - that I would love one, if I wasn't afraid I wouldn't use it (because I have a bad habit of not starting things that I don't know I'll get perfect). Well, I ended up with this gorgeous bible, and I have loved it! While the perfectionist in me still often creates my design in pencil before making it permanent with ink, really, there are no rules! Bible journaling is a great way to gather prayers, scripture memorization, creativity, notes, and questions all in one place, and it's so nice!


I admit that, though I love to use my journaling bible for "bible journaling" (more word art/artwork to illustrate verses), that's not always my favorite part. You know what is? Journaling bibles come with so much SPACE. I can scribble notes all over the page, or underline words without other words getting lost. For someone who takes as many notes as I do, it's still not enough and I also keep a "sermon journal" (also used for personal study) in my bible case, but for those little notes or extra-special notes, the room in this bible is amazing!


A lot of the time, it's just simple little things that I will do in my bible while reading or right after church, but just taking two or three minutes to work on a visual to go with a thought/sermon helps it stick so much better for me, and I love that!


But when I sit down to my personal bible study, I like to do something a little bigger, when I have time, with the verses that stand out to me, and usually that is some word art of one of my favorite verses from my reading :). 


While I'm not much of an artist, and I prefer word art, I have done artwork a couple of times. 

 

Or I combine the two :)! Typically if I am doing something more detailed, I lay a paper under the page I am working on, and place another sheet over it when I finish, for about 24 hours, so that there is no ink rubbing off/leaking through on the other pages :).


I know that this might seem like a somewhat boring page to others, but I poured over this genealogy visual for about an hour, and it is honestly one of my favorite things I have done so far. I also did the other major genealogy list from after the flood, and it is just so neat to be able to see these while I read through the chapters <3!!!


This is another of my favorite ways to use my journaling bible! I drew this partial map on Ephesians' cover page. It has all the main map details on it from wikipedia, but then I am able to add in notes as to where in the bible those surrounding places are mentioned, and things like that :)!


I love to use gel pens because the colors are gorgeous <3! But I also have a thin line black ink pen that I am obsessed with because I can fit twice as many notes using it as opposed to a regular one ;). There is truly no right or wrong way to go about bble journaling (I mean, I just showed you a small sample of my own here, you can't get a full grasp of how different the pages in mine can look from each other!), and I love how it helps me stop and digest, if you will, what I am reading!

Do you have a journaling bible, or are you interested in getting one :)?

Rejoicing in Hope,
Bri <3

6 comments:

  1. It looks good! Thanks for sharing! I don't have a journaling Bible, but it's something I'd like to try someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! I am so glad you enjoyed it! I really do love my journaling bible... if you can get your hands on one, I definitely recommend trying it! I know everyone has their own method of learning/retaining, but I love this one :).

      Delete
  2. Your art is so pretty and colorful!!! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyssa <3! This made me smile :).

      Delete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11