Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Top Ten: Christian Songs

Today, I am just going to do a short and simple post... which was kind of planned, but let me add that, that isn't a bad thing, since it's already after midnight and I haven't posted this yet. (If I haven't slept yet, it still counts as "today", right?...) My day just got away with me! Two things I did today were finished up a custom order and made chocolate chip frappes (recipe will come soon, because I am quite pleased to say that my version is better than the original ;)...), which made the day quite enjoyable. And the rain is coming down quite steadily and sounds beautiful right now <3. I do have a dentist appointment tomorrow, so it would probably be better if I slept than blogged :P, BUT, the Bri made a commitment, and so her logicality has been placed on the back burner ;). What else is new?...

Today I decided I'd participate in Muddy Shoes' "Top Ten" day! It's always something that is open to other bloggers to take and share on their own blogs, which I thought was fun, but I haven't posted on the tenth of a month since it started. This month's conveniently worked nicely as an excuse, because I was already planning to do a five favorite hymns post after asking some of you to answer that question in a tag last summer ;). And so, here are 10 of my favorite hymns/Christian songs (which is by no means an inclusive list), and my favorite verses/lines from that song :)!

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
"Here I raise my Ebenezer
Here there by Thy great help I've come
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home
Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God
He, to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood."

Oh To Be Like Thee
"O to be like Thee! full of compassion,
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wand’ring sinners to find."

O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
"O Love that will not let me go, 
I rest my weary soul in thee; 
I give thee back the life I owe, 
That in thine ocean depths its flow 
May richer, fuller be.
O light that followest all my way, 
I yield my flickering torch to thee; 
My heart restores its borrowed ray, 
That in thy sunshine's blaze its day 
May brighter, fairer be.
O Joy that seekest me through pain, 
I cannot close my heart to thee; 
I trace the rainbow through the rain, 
And feel the promise is not vain, 
That morn shall tearless be.
O Cross that liftest up my head, 
I dare not ask to fly from thee; 
I lay in dust life's glory dead, 
And from the ground there blossoms red 
Life that shall endless be."

(I really tried to pick a verse, but one is my favorite, one fits my season of "learning" right now, and one was an important verse... then the other couldn't be left out, haha... so we get to enjoy all four!)
Just Be Held
"When you're tired of fighting, and chained by your control; there is freedom in surrender, lay it down and let it go."

At Calvary
"Oh, the love that drew salvation's plan! Oh the grace that brough it down to man!
Oh the might gulf that God did span, at Calvary!"

Behold the Lamb
"And so with thankfulness and faith
We rise to respond: and to remember
Our call to follow in the steps of Christ
As His body here on earth.
As we share in His suffering,
We proclaim: Christ will come again!
And we’ll join in the feast of heaven
Around the table of the King."

Oh Glorious Day
"Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day."

Be Thou My Vision
"Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
Thou my best thought, by day or by night;
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light."

Blessed Assurance
"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine

O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchase of God
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood
Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blessed
Watching and waiting, looking above
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love."
It's so hard to just choose 10, because there are so many other wonderful songs! But I believe that these are the ones that I find running in my head most often... along with at least five more, of course... haha! Which of these is your favorite? Or do you have another favorite that isn't on this list :)?

Rejoicing in Hope,
Bri <3

2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful, beautiful words! Thank you for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11