Saturday, October 20, 2018

The Post that... Isn't?

Once there was a girl who knew exactly how the rest of her life was going to go, and she could do literally everything that should be done, all the time, and she wouldn't stop until she had.

Except... not really. Even if she thought so.

Fast forward 3 or 4 years, and I remember Tori sitting at the desktop one day, reading an "Oh My Disney" article, when she called out to me, "I don't know what a "Type A" person is," (which, by the way, is the first clue that this was a few years ago... she doesn't have to ask me what things mean now, and, in fact, I ask her quite frequently ;)), "but you're one of them."

Fast forward 3 or 4 years more, and not much has changed.

Via Pinterest

Mama: "Bri, this is soooooo you and me." ^

Yes, yes it is. Mama has never let me forget the time that we had a clog in our kitchen sink that we weren't able to clear out until the wee sma's of the night, and I promptly started washing the weekend baking, lunch, and supper dishes, at 3 a.m., as Mama and Tori begged me to go to bed so we could all work on them together the next morning when we were rested and more efficient. Does the logic make sense? Of course. Did I listen? Of course not. I was started. Now I HAD to finish.

And that's always how it is. Just a few weeks ago, my Aunt and I were texting each other about our busy Saturday, and I challenged her to see who could have the most done by 8, with one requirement to win; When 8 p.m. got here, we were supposed to stop and rest so we would be awake and alert and refreshed for church the next day, whether we were done or not. I texted her at 8:03 to let her know that not under any circumstances was I stopping when I was so close to done. (After jokingly texting her at about 5 in the evening to ask, "WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS?"... haha ;)...)

All that is to say, I had good intentions to not worry about posting this month, to just do it when I wanted to/could - to be inspired to post but not forced.

And now we've hit day 20, and I only have 11 more days to go, and I literally can't let myself fail now. I'm tired and I don't feel like I have anything to share tonight. I am reminding myself that now would be the perfect time to practice that "resting" I have been talking about a bit. But have I mentioned that I'm still on that journey of learning to do that? And here is proof.

Because basically... here is a post saying I won't be posting today. Oh, the irony of being a Type A.

But hey, this is the last thing I'm going to do today, even though I hoped to vacuum, so maybe I am making a tiny bit of progress ;)?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Should I high five you, or tell you I am sorry? I think it depends on the day... haha! <3

      Delete

"May the Lord, the God of your fathers... bless you!" Deuteronomy 1:11